The 5 Best Luxury Dog Beds
Luxury, designer dog beds are ultra-stylish canine furniture that provides a comfortable resting space for your pet and a visual complement to your well-appointed home (Source).
There are several attractive designer dog beds- some are modernist and Victorian sofas, while others are plush couches that look like miniaturized versions of their extravagant human counterparts (Source).
Some things you should look out for- does the luxury dog bed ship with mattress cushioning or will you have to source your own? If a cushion is included, is the cover removable for easy cleaning? How easy to clean is its surface material? (Source)
We can't recommend a 'best' luxury dog bed- it really comes down to your personal preference. We have compiled a list of some of our splendorous favorites- and we maintain an ongoing list of user submissions the bottom of the page to keep track of the best options currently available for purchase.
This luxury designer dog bed is constructed in a manner that it looks just like a real sofa that a person might own. It is a pet sofa constructed of high quality materials and is also handcrafted, the manufacturers say.
This designer dog sofa has a wood frame and the cushions of the pet sofa are made from memory foam for enhanced comfort. It includes wooden legs that elevate the sofa a little off the floor and it comes in a variety of sizes.
The extra small dog sofa is 17” H x 32” W x 20” D and is suitable for a dog the size of a Yorkie or even a small cat.
The small size measures 17” H x 39” W x 20” D, the medium size measures 17” H x 39” W x 24” D, large measures 17” H x 47” W x 24” D and the extra large dog sofa measures 23” H x 59” W x 31” D.
The legs on all sizes of these luxury designer dog sofa beds measure 3” H x 3.5 “ W x 3.5” D. The only mode of cleaning is spot cleaning and assembly is required.
Dog owners that have purchased this luxury pet sofa have stated they enjoy how the dog sofa's design fits right in with their own furnishings in the home. Others who have bought this dog bed have commented on how sturdy and well made it is and that it is extremely solid for even the largest of dogs since the extra large sofa bed can hold up to 300 pounds. The only negative that has been reported is that it can only be spot cleaned.
The Most Luxurious Dog Houses Of All Time
This splendorous dog chair that is round in shape, has an ultra-polished look, is brown in color and is covered in imitation leather. The cushion is plush- tufted and reversible.
The frame of this dog chair bed is made of durable wood and the cushion is made of foam. This piece of dog furniture comes in just one size and will hold dogs up to 150 pounds. It weighs 38 pounds and it measures 16” H x 35” W x 32” D. There is no assembly required. Cleaning requires just having to wipe off with a soft dry cloth.
Customers praise the beauty of this piece of dog furniture- admiring its luxurious look and how well it complements the décor of their homes. Dog owners have also commented on how well it is built and that it's extremely sturdy. Many like the fact that there is no assembly required, just take it out of the box and the dog can use it immediately.
This dog sofa is designed for smaller dogs like a Jack Russel or a Lhasa Apso. It is a sofa-style bed that is constructed of solid kiln which has been colored a dark brown.
The cushion part of the dog sofa bed is made from a suede material and has a foam fill for added comfort. Its Victorian design is peerless, from what we've seen of other comparable options.
The overall size of this extravagant dog sofa measures 17” H x 21” W x 35.5” D. The overall sleeping area of this pet bed is two square feet. The weight of this luxury pet bed is 30.5 pounds.
The bed will hold up to 50 pounds of weight. The only way the material of the bed can be washed is by dry cleaning. There is no assembly required.
Pet owners who have invested in this dog sofa enjoy its elegant look and have stated how sturdy it is and how well made it appears to be. Cat owners have purchased this bed for pets for their cats and have discovered that it was ideal for them as well as smaller dogs.
This dog sofa bed by Enchanted Home Pet is made entirely from real leather which makes it strong as well as durable. It comes in one color (brown) and has a nice look to it. This dog bed is specifically designed for small dogs up to 35 pounds and is filled with foam for comfort.
The overall size of this sofa bed for dogs is 15” H x 20” W x 32” D and the cushion size is 22.5” x 15”. The weight of the bed is 21 pounds so it isn't that difficult to move around to place wherever you need to have it placed. The cushions are not removable but the overall pet sofa bed an easily be spot cleaned.
Those with small dogs who have bought this cute dog sofa like how good it looks with their own furniture and how easy it is to clean. Other pet owners indicate this little dog sofa is a good quality piece of pet furniture and appears to be durable and long lasting. Some dog owners however, did point out that it does not hold up well with dogs that are overly active.
This plush dog sofa bed by Enchanted Home Pet is a sofa bed for smaller sized dogs and not recommended for any dogs over 50 pounds. The pet bed measures 15” H x 42” W x 23.375” and it weighs 25 pounds, so it's not too heavy- making it easy to move to different areas of the home.
The cushion of the dog sofa can be removed and machine washed on cold with the rest of the pet sofa being spot cleaned with a detergent that is mild. This plush, black, designer dog sofa also comes with a storage area where dog toys and accessories can be stored. The bed itself is made from polyester material that comes only in black. No assembly required.
Those who have bought this plush doggie sofa have been happy with the construction of this piece of dog furniture and how well it fits in with their own furnishings. Others have stated that the largeness of the pet bed allows enough room for two smaller dogs to share it, such as two Corgis.
Owners also like there is no assembly and that it's easy to clean. Some have mentioned that the cushion of the pet bed is not the best and had to be replaced and that the fabric does attract dog hair.
The first user submission that we took a look at was the Villacera Chesterfield designer pet sofa. This elegant dog sofa comes in brown, gray or tan faux leather in a style that is described as classic 'old world'. It measures 33.5" x 16" x 30.25" deep and is assembled from Birchwood, compressed wood, foam and the faux leather fabric. It is advertised as a particularly cozy cushion for dogs that is sturdily built with exceptionally sourced products all compiled into a heirloom quality, vintage dog bed experience.
- Buyers say that the cushion cover is removable and washable- though it is not recommended that you actually wash the cushion itself because it might distort the shape of it.
- In terms of a sizing, you should take a measurement of your dog, but the manufacturers also say that a 40-pound dog might be too big for this leather dog bed sofa.
- One Boston Terrier owner we interviewed told us that it is a soft and supportive option, helping to ease her pet's joint pain, but a little bit too high for her dog to step into- she ends up having to take a little bit of a jump to get onto the cushion base.
- Buyers praised the sophisticated appearance of this eye-catching dog bed sofa saying that it holds up well and is more pleasing to the eyes than the worn out foam mattresses they had been using before.
- In terms of assembly, you will have to screw the legs into the base- but this means that there's a lot less chance of damage occurring during shipping.
- Another terrier owner told us that while certainly a sophisticated piece of furniture it is also a highly comfortable spot for her dog to rest during the day.
- In addition, if you are looking to complement or mimic the appearance of Chesterfield leather couches in your own home, this is the only option that is going to perform that feat.
Another luxury dog bed reader submitted to us this iron-wrought, Victorian-style dog bed. It has a fleur de leis European pattern, is manufactured by Intelligent Design- and has dimensions of 25" x 19" x 20.5". The advertisers market this as a luxurious dog bed designed for a posh sleeping and resting experience. It is durably constructed with hand-forged iron that is given an elderly, antique-styled white finishing. In addition, each out of its 4 iron bed posts have ball finials on their tops complemented by stylish scrol-lwork that screams old world style.
- Buyers say they had to source a dog pillow for this dog pet bed, but using the interior dimensions as a reference point they were able to source one that was an exact fit.
- One Chihuahua owner told us that in their minds the finish resembled more of a cream color than an exact white- and the distressed appearance certainly provides an extravagant, old world look.
- One Toy Poodle reviewer we spoke to did warn buyers that if you are not careful the iron can have sharp ends to it- so do an inspection when you receive it, and every so often over time, to make sure your pets are not injured by loose metal ends on the bed.