The PetFusion Dog Lounge & Bed Review
The PetFusion Dog Bed and Lounge boasts 4" of thick low-density foam and an outer bolster that provides dogs a comfortable headrest.
It is available in small with 2" of memory foam: 25" x 20" x 5.5"; large with 4" of memory foam: 36" x 20" x 9"; and extra-large with 4" of memory foam: 44" x 34" x 10".
The memory-foam base is designed to provide high-quality support and comfort for young and old animals alike, particularly elderly canines with joint pain issues. The support bolsters are actually eco-friendly- they are comprised of recycled polyester and cotton twill.
The outer cover is removable for cleaning purposes- and there are replacement covers available should you need to swap out worn-out material.
Remember to measure your dog prior to purchase- or use a handy online sizing calculator.
One Labrador Retriever owner says that his 70 lb.+ pooch is in love with this bed- and as soon as they unpackaged it he waddled over and took up residence inside of the bolstered interior.
This particular reviewer also said that it was simple to assemble- and he recommends inserting the foam cushion straightaway after you have opened the box before it has begun to start to inflate. This buyer also comments that the removable cover is a pretty tight and snug fit around the cushion and the bolstered headrests- this means that the dog's nails had little chance of tearing or snagging on the fabric.
He did say that the memory foam pad smelled up his house for the first couple of hours- but over time it dissipated and wasn't a big deal. Another arthritic Staffordshire Terrier owner said his special-needs pooch loves this bed because of how supportive it is and the spaciousness enables him to curl into the corners and find a resting spot for his large head.
There's even enough room for his Yorkie brother to curl up with him!
This particular user says that the bed has held up well over time with his weighty dog, unlike other memory-foam dog mattresses that eventually lose their strength and support. He also says that he went ahead and purchased the extra replacement cover so that when he is washing one of the replaceable dog bed covers that he can swap the other one on and his extra-large dog isn't lacking for a place to rest in the meanwhile.
Yet another Pitbull owner whose pet suffers from arthritis says that it is a sturdy and comfortable cushion option, much better than the dog hammock that had been previously purchased as a support option for him. She comments that the memory foam is truly thick and is not constructed from lower-quality egg crate foam cushioning or shredded materials on the interior of the bolster dog bed.
On the downside, she does say that the fabric is a little too thin for her liking- saying that as she was doing some spot cleaning some of the dog beds gray color came right off.
Giving homeless dogs beds
The PetFusion Ultimate Dog Lounge is a pet bed that gives your dog’s body good support with its thick memory foam base designed specifically to give pets a good quality cushioning. The pet bed’s bolsters give your dog good support for its body and head.
PetFusion dog bed is well constructed and made with premium materials for a long lasting unit. Its color and sleek design makes it a very modern looking unit that blends with any decor.
This dog bed is easy to clean, the cover is machine washable and it can be spot cleaned as well.
The bed comes in sizes Small/Medium, Large and Extra Large. This review is for a Large size bed.
- With solid 4” memory foam base
- Bolsters offer good support to your dog’s body and head
- Made from durable Slate Gray twill
- Well constructed, with strong zippers and liners
- Water resistant and anti-rip cover
- With a non slide bottom
- Color and design that blend with any decor
- Removable cover is machine washable
- The bed is easy to spot clean and to remove fur
- Ideal for medium size dog (up to approx. 60 lbs)
- Can be used by multiple lap dogs
- Dimensions: 36” L x 28” W x 9” H
- Interior dimensions approx.: 28” W x 22” D (with bolsters on)
- The bed can easily hold 100+ pound weight
- Weight: 14 lbs
- Smart packaging and easy assembly
CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIALS
PetFusion Ultimate Dog Lounge is well constructed, with strong zippers and well sewn seams. The fabric used is a durable Slate Gray twill made from 65% polyester and 35% cotton. This twill does not attract very much hair, it almost keeps fur from attaching onto it.
The bed bolsters are filled with recycled polyester and covered with a white soft fabric. The memory foam base comes with an additional removable zipped liner for extra protection.
The foam liner is also made from a white, smooth cloth.
The memory foam is heavier than regular dog beds on average.
The bed’s Gray cover comes with the bolsters loaded which are zipped removable. The foam base gets assembled by zippers as well. The unit is easy to setup: as the bed comes with the bolsters already loaded, you simply have to insert the memory foam base and zip it.
The pet bed has a non-skid bottom to help the unit stay in place. Check a video here how the unit comes packaged, how to assemble it and quality of materials.
THE GOOD AND THE BAD: WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY
- Well constructed, with durable fabric and strong sewn seams
- Thick 4” memory foam base offers a supportive cushioning for the dog’s body
- The bed cover and foam liner are removable with zippers for easy washing
- Easy to put together
- Fabric is easy to spot clean if you don’t want to wash the entire cover
- Dog couch type design special for dogs that like to sleep on your couch
- Bolsters give your dog a good support for its body and a nice place to rest its head.
- Cover is water resistant and it does not attract pet hair easily
- It has a non-skid bottom
- Harder to chew than regular dog beds
- Good price for a memory foam dog bed
- BONUS: Easy-to-read instructions | Quick shipping time
- The surface isn’t fluffy or very mushy (if you want these type of pet beds)
- DETAILS YOU MAY NOT MIND: Not very many color options (nice blending neutral color though) | Slight smell that goes away after the first 2-3 days.
- Make sure to put the base before the memory foam gets fully inflated.
- If our dog has “accidents” often, you can place a plastic liner over the foam mattress, underneath the liner.
PetFusion Ultimate Dog Lounge is a good quality pet bed that works as advertised. The bed is large and depending on how much extra room you want for your dog, it can accommodate comfortably dogs weighing up to 60 lbs. However, the manufacturer recommends this size for dogs weighing up to 100 lbs, but it’s always preferable to choose bigger beds for heavier dogs.
This dog bed is well constructed with better quality materials than cheaper dog beds. The memory foam base is double wrapped which is an extra protection against chewer dogs. The foam base has the right amount of support, it’s not too hard or too soft, just the right amount of resistance.
The bed is tightly put together with a zippered cover and all parts are easily removable for washing, without making the bed lose sturdiness.
PetFusion Ultimate dog bed is a good value for money, considering you are getting a memory foam pet bed. This unit is a good option for people who are looking for a durable dog bed for a fair price.
√ Petfusion Ultimate Dog Lounge bed is suitable for:
- Medium sized dogs up to 60 lbs
- Two or more small dogs
- Dogs with arthritis
- Elderly dogs
x The bed may not be suitable for:
- Large dogs weighing over 60 lbs.
- If you are looking for a fluffy and mushy dog bed