Midwest Quiet Time Dog Bed Review
The Midwest Quiet Time bed is a particularly affordable option that comes in a range of sizes including an 18 inch, 22 inch, 24 inch, 30 inch, 36 inch 42 inch, 48 inch and 54 inch size.
It is ideal for use inside of dog crates, or even as a stand-alone dog bed during car trips or inside of pet carriers.
It comes in a bunch of different color options, including white fleece, powder blue plush, pink plush, gray plush and cinnamon plush.
This Midwest pet bed includes polyester-field bolsters, and a poly/cotton base. It's not a memory foam dog bed like many of the others we reviewed- but is much more portable because it is lighter weight and has a smaller physical footprint.
Remember to measure your dog prior to purchase- or use a handy online sizing calculator.
Users are generally pretty satisfied with this Midwest Quiet Time pet bed- with one buyer saying that she purchased small, medium and large sizes for each of their small, large breed dogs.
She comments that the beds are not very thick, but it fits her needs because in the past she has purchased 4" memory foam dog beds and found that the dogs just didn't like them- they prefer lying on one of these dog beds in the kitchen on the linoleum tile. She also advises that you can always thicken this dog bed with a supplementary blanket should your pet need a little bit more support.
Another reviewer says that this particular bed is great because it responds to his Chow Chow's body temperature-preventing the dog from overheating. He also recommends it because it is a perfect size for most dog crates- and since the material doesn't shed, there's not much of a mess when using it.
Other users with Golden Retrievers, German Shepherds and Doberman Pinschers say that they are pretty pleased with very large pet bed purchase saying that it is spacious and that the bolsters provide good headrest support.
In all, this seems to be a solid option for dog crates, road trips, and even as a standalone, portable dog bed that can easily be supplemented with some blankets should you need it to be a little bit thicker.
Midwest Quiet Time is a mat/pad bolster type dog bed that can be used in crates, travel cages, vehicles, indoor, etc.
With this pet bed you can keep your dog cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
Midwest Quiet Time dog comes in colors: Periwinkle, Cinnamon plush fur, white synthetic Fleece, Gray Plush Fur, Pink and Powder Blue.
The pet bed gives your dog a good rest with its polyester filled bolsters and cushioned poly/cotton base.
This dog bed is completely machine washable and foldable for easy storage.
- It does not require assembly
- It nicely fits most wire crates, travel carriers, dog houses, vehicles.
- 100% machine washable
- Durable and soft synthetic polyester Sheepskin or Plush Fur
- Bed color conceals shedding
- Comfortable polyester-filled bolsters work as a pillow
- Cushioned Poly/Cotton base
- It keeps your dog cool in the summer and warm in the winter
- Available in several sizes
- Rectangle shaped
- Chew Proof: No
- Portable and foldable: Yes
|DIMENSIONS & SUITABILITY||CRATES SUITABILITY|
|Size||Dog Weight||Length of Crate||Bed Size|
|18” x 12”||up to 11 lbs||18”||18” x 12”|
|22” x 13”||up to 11 lbs||22”||22” x 13”|
|24” x 18”||11 – 25 lbs||24″||24” x 18”|
|30” x 21”||26 – 40 lbs||30″||30” x 21”|
|36” x 23”||41 – 71 lbs||36″||36” x 23”|
CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIALS
The construction overall is solid, the bed is made from ultra soft synthetic sheepskin (white fleece) or plush fur (cinnamon, gray, and other colors).
Plush Fur is softer, fuzzier and plusher than the Polyester Sheepskin.
Also, dark colors don’t get the unclean look as fast as the white fleece color but you have to choose the closest color to your dog’s fur.
Midwest dog’s bed has polyester filled bolsters that pets love to use as a pillow.
The bottom is made from polyester fiber batting and cushioned cotton base with a polyester fabric underneath.
Check here how a Chow Chow and a German Shepherd (2 different videos) enjoy their Midwest Quiet Time bed, the first one using a 24-inch size bed and the Shepherd using a 54-Inch size.
THE GOOD AND BAD: WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY
- Sturdy construction and it handles machine washings and dries very well.
- Very soft
- Durable, its sides are strong which makes the bed not flimsy.
- It fits perfectly in most dog’s crates of its size and in cars or travel cages.
- It adjusts to the dog’s body temperature
- Easily machine washable and it dries nicely as well.
- It can be used outside the crate if you want.
- Good value for money
- Dog can use its wedges as pillow and it keeps him from losing their toys underneath.
- BONUS: excellent shipping time
- The sides are not so high.
- It sheds in the beginning (white synthetic sheepskin)
- It does not have a lot of cushioning at the bottom, it’s more like a pad (this is a “Con” only if your dog likes more thickness, some dogs don’t mind it and actually they like it better)
- It’s not chew-proof
- It collects lint and pet hair
- The polyester material on the bottom of the dog bed is slippery
- YOU MAY NOT MIND: it has a chemical smell when brand new. It goes away as you wash it.
- Before washing the bed, make sure to vacuum it thoroughly, especially if your dogs sheds a lot. If you don’t do this, the accumulated hair may cause problems with your washing machine.
- You may want to get the next bigger size than your pet’s weight.
- It seems like the Grey (more like Black) color has more cushioning and it’s softer than the white Fleece one.
- It may be a good idea to wash the bed before using it, to reduce a possible shedding.
Midwest Quiet Time Dog Bed is a well constructed pet bed that works as advertised and it is special for crates, travel cages and cars. You can use it on the floor, but its padding it’s not very thick, if your dog likes to sleep on carpets or rugs, then it may work. This dog bed is more like a mat or pad bolster type so don’t expect a lot of cushioning at the bottom center layer.
The bed is machine washable and dryable and it holds up pretty well after several cycles of washing. The bed will shed a little in the beginning, it’s pretty normal for synthetic sheepskin to shed when brand new.
√ In general the Midwest dog bed is more suitable for:
- Dog crates
- Dog travel cages
- Interior of vehicles
∼ Using it as dog bed alone, is suitable if:
- Your dog likes to sleep on carpets or any other not highly cushioned area
x In general, it may not be suitable:
- If you don’t want any shedding from the dog’s bed (white Fleece)
- For puppies or chewer dogs
- If your dog likes a lot of cushioning
- For dogs that like to pull out stuffing
- For hard floors
- For dogs with skin allergies