[Review] AKC Casablanca Round Pet Bed Review
The 22" x 6" round American Kennel Club Casablanca donut-shaped pet bed is an inexpensive option that comes in a variety of different sizes. It's designed for small dogs (and even cats) and can be purchased in brown, beige, red, light blue, green, and other colors.
It is constructed from 100% polyester and can be tossed in your washing machine on a cold setting to clean, and a tumble dry setting to dry.
Remember to measure your dog prior to purchase- or use a handy online sizing calculator.
Users, in general, I have a positive impression on this AKC Casablanca pet bed- though it is not made from expensive memory foam, it is a simple pet bed that is soft and can easily accommodate a small-breed dog or a pair of cats.
One dog owner who purchased it for her small-breed terrier that was below 15 pounds of weight, found that her pet was pretty happy curling up in it, inside of the bolstered edges.
She comments that it is soft and plush and easy to clean-even though there isn't a removable cover, you can just toss it in the washing machine and be done with it. While some users who have destructive-chewing dogs say that it will not hold up over the long-term, other users responded that for the price, you can't expect to receive an indestructible dog bed.
Overall, these are cheap but comfortable dog beds that come from a reputable brand in a variety of attractive colors.
AKC Casablanca Round Solid is a round shaped pet bed made with a soft cozy fabric inside. It has a bolster that gives support to your dog and it helps to contain toys as well.
AKC Round Solid pet bed is suitable for small dogs and it can be used on floors, sofas, beds, inside cars and even inside crates or travel cages.
The bed is made with 100% polyester and it is machine washable with cold water and tumble dry low.
- Made 100% from Polyester
- Easy washable tumble dry low
- Soft and cozy surface gives your dog a nice resting place
- Shape: Round
- Type: Bolster
- Exterior Diameter: 22”
- Interior Diameter: 16”
- Height: 6”
- Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Made in China
CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIALS
The bed is made from 100% polyester. The bolster is polyester-filled and the cover comes in two type of fabrics, depending on the color you buy: one bed’s cover is made from corduroy type polyester and the other bed’s cover is made from mesh type fabric.
The cushioning at the bottom is made with ultra plush recycled fiber that holds together by the fabric that surrounds it. This makes this dog bed environmentally friendly.
The underneath bottom is from mesh nylon material so the bed slides on hard floors easily.
The bed has to be washed as a whole-piece because it does not have a inner part to remove to wash apart.
DIMENSIONS & SUITABILITY
The dimensions may change a little bit. The exterior diameter may be between: 21” to 22”, interior diameter is more accurate in approx. 16”. Height may vary a little between 4.5” to 6”, depending on how straight up the edges are.
The bed is more suitable for very small dogs or big cats. The ideal weight is between 5 lbs and 13 lbs. For example, a dog weighing 10 lbs and curled in sleeping takes up about 2/3 of the bed.
Larger dogs, between 14 lbs to 17 lbs may fit in this bed if you want them to curl up in their bed and/or with their head resting on the bolster.
Other than the dog’s weight, consider the size of it. The dog bed is 16” total diameter but if you want a little bit of extra room, your dog can’t be larger than 15”.
All in all, the suitability will depend on how much room you want your dog to have in the bed.
THE GOOD AND THE BAD: WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY
- It folds for easy storage
- Soft and cushy
- Filled bolster gives them comfort and support when curled in for sleeping
- It’s lightweight which makes it portable to place it in different rooms as your dog moves.
- Easily machine washable
- It can be used in cars, cages or travel cages.
- Inexpensive dog bed
- Good value for money
- It can be used in crates and travel carriers as well
- It works for very small dogs or cats and it may work for a little larger pets if curled up in a ball.
- Lightweight, it can be carried from room to room if you want your dog next to you.
- Colors help to blend your pet’s fur
- It uses recycled polyester fiber, helping the environment.
- BONUS: Cats love this pet bed too.
- Not very much cushioning on the bottom, more like a pad.
- Some customers state that units showed in the picture (some colors) look thicker, more cushioned and with higher and sturdier sides than the actual bed.
- After some washings the bottom cushioning starts to ball up.
- The bed is on the small side
- It keeps your dog warm, it does not seem to insulate when too hot (good for winters).
- YOU MAY NOT MIND: Some beds may not be of the selected color all over, but tan on the inside and the shown color on the outside.
- Wash the bed alone on “delicate” or “hand wash” and on dry tumble low.
AKC Casablanca Round Solid pet bed is ideal to use as a mat or pad with the advantage of it having bolster to support the dog’s body or to contain toys.
The unit does not have very much cushioning on the bottom, being rather thin, which makes this pet bed especially suitable for crates, vehicles, over sofas or beds. However, the bed is still cushioned and soft so if your dog does not need a lot of cushioning this bed will work well.
As this dog bed balls up a little after some washings, it is recommended to wash the unit carefully following the instructions.
It seems like some beds look thicker and bigger in the pictures than how they really are (only some colors).
AKC Casablanca Round Solid is a good dog bed considering its price, it’s not amazing nor horrible. Your level of expectation should be according to the money you pay for and in this sense, AKC Casablanca offers a great value for money.
Now, if you are looking for a highly cushioned pet bed, you have to pay more money and this is not the pet bed for you. If you want to pay a low price and give your dog a decent, soft and warm bed where to sleep, this is for you.
√ AKC Casablanca Round Solid Dog Bed is suitable for:
- Dogs who are not heavy chewers
- Small dogs, up to 13 lbs
- Two cats or one big cat
- To use in crates, vehicles, over sofas, beds or shag carpets.
- To place the bed on hard floors if your dog is used to sleep on rugs or floors.
x This dog bed may not be suitable for:
- Heavy chewers dogs
- To use it on hard floors if your dog likes to sleep on the sofa or bed
- Places with hot climate
- Dogs with skin allergies